Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Dice-K, Bay-bee!

That's right -- I got him.

After obsessing over Daisuke Matsuzaka all spring long...I landed him earlier tonight in the FantasyAuctioneer.com AL-only Experts League.

And for the low price of just $29.

Tonight's auction meant I didn't get to see much in the way of games today (although I had the YES Network broadcast of the Reds-Yankees game on in the background and saw the Roger Clemens love-fest...and the scare early in the game when a shattered bat came flying at Andy Pettitte.)

I'll go over the championship team I assembled in just a moment. But first, a public service announcement: My sportsblurb.com column is up for this week. You can check it out at http://sportsblurb.com/baseball/game.asp.

OK, now onto the squad. The league is a 13-team (ugh!) AL-only league with a $260 cap...no keepers...and a five-round reserve draft following the auction. Here's what the boys look like for '07...

C - Greg Zaun, $6
C - Vance Wilson, $1
1B - Shea Hillenbrand, $11
2B - Brian Roberts, $26
3B - Akinori Iwamura, $12
SS - Juan Uribe, $6
CI - Aubrey Huff, $21
OF - Jermaine Dye, $27
OF - Raul Ibanez, $18
OF - Reed Johnson, $11
OF - Willy Mo Pena, $9
OF - Marcus Thames, $4
DH - Jay Gibbons, $9
P - Daisuke Matsuzaka, $29
P - Adam Loewen, $12
P - Jon Garland, $9
P - Kevin Millwood, $6
P - Luke Hudson, $1
P - Francisco Rodriguez, $35
P - Justin Duchsherer, $4
P - Danys Baez, $1
P - Jesse Crain, $1
Res - Travis Buck
Res - Adam Jones
Res - Juan Salas
Res - Edison Volquez
Res - Francisco Rosario

So there you have it -- the 2007 Fantasy Auctioneer AL-only Experts League Champions.

More tomorrow...

2 comments:

Jon Williams said...

I think you did a great job in the AL-DRaft. You might need an outfielder at some point but there are worse things...

Jody Madron... said...

Thanks, Jon -- I agree with you that my outfield is a little weak. I wasn't planning to spend that much ($35) on a closer, but I got caught up a bit in the K-Rod bidding. I may need an OF with who can provide stolen bases during the season...